If You Have Leftover Taco Meat, Make Nachos For Breakfast
I could eat nachos everyday. Today I had nachos for breakfast for the first time (thank you Super Bowl Sunday) and it was probably one of the best ideas I’ve had in a while. It took literally 10 minutes to make and possibly eat (*shrugs). I have no idea how I never tried this before, but I can truly say it will be a go-to. This just makes sense and what’s more is you can add this to your breakfast rotation in the mornings because you can put it together faster than your kid says, “Mom, where’s my lunch.”
I didn’t include measurements because NACHOS.
- Leftover taco meat blend (Ground turkey, taco seasoning, salsa, black beans, and chorizo)
- Tortilla chips
- Cheddar cheese
- Mexican cheese
- Sliced olives
- Chopped cilantro
- Chopped green onion
- Chile verde sauce
- Sour cream
- Olive oil
- 1 egg seasoned with salt, pepper, and pimenton
- Grab a glass, oven-safe dish and sprinkle cheese over the top.
- Melt in your toaster oven for a minute or two until it's oozing.
- While the cheese is melting, prepare a frying pan with olive oil.
- Cook an egg over the pan your desired way. I personally suggest a yolk-y egg to seep through my nacho crevices so each bite has some, but you can use a fried egg if that is your thing.
- Sprinkle seasonings on top.
- Add in the reserved leftover taco mixture and warm through.
- Take nachos out of toaster oven and add the meat.
- Pour on some chile verde sauce, sour cream, and top with your egg. Add cilantro, green onion, and olives.
- Fork is optional but suggested. Enjoy and try not to have this everyday.