Portable Pourover Coffee for Every Outdoor Parent
A typical day of hiking with kids starts with a good cup (or two) of coffee. The only challenge is being able to carry on that same sentiment in between chasing your kids around.
I love instant coffee in a pinch, but drinking legit Vietnamese Coffee outside is the equivalent to having a sitter for date night–It is the maximum splurge. James and I got to taste an awesome new addition to portable coffee with another pair of adventuring parents, our friends Gemma and Jonathan while out on a family hike–coffee-imbibing is way more fun this way!
Copper Cow’s Portable Pourover Vietnamese Coffee comes individually wrapped with:
- Vietnamese coffee grounds (which have been sustainably sourced–this right here!) packed in a pour over-style filter
- 1 pouch of California sweetened condensed milk and sugar
All you need in addition to the above is:
- 1 thermos (we used a hydro flask) filled with hot water
- Mug or camp cup
How to drink Vietnamese coffee outdoors:
- Take the filter and gently unfold tabs on the side to set over the mug or drinking receptacle.
- Open bottle of water and pour contents over filter
- Open condensed milk and sugar pouch and squeeze in the desired amount
- Swish around mug to mix and drink all the coffee!
James: “I liked the convenience of being able to have good, quality coffee on the trail.”
Gemma: “I loved the portability and ability to sweeten to your likening.”
Jonathan: “I recommend for backcountry brewing!”
Steph: I love the richness of flavor for a Vietnamese coffee and that the materials in the packaging were minimal and bio-degradable.
To top it off here are a couple more reasons to love this company and what they do:
- minority and woman-owned company so booyah on supporting them moving forward
- all coffee is sustainably sourced
We want to share the Vietnamese coffee love and have a box we’d like to giveaway to one adventurous pair because let’s face it, keeping our hikes deliciously, well-caffeinated is a small joy we parents don’t take for granted. Head over to our Instagram and enter the original giveaway post. Low-maintenance just like this pour-over wonder that will definitely be a treat for those trail days we need an extra boost. If you want to buy a last-minute gift, go to their online store and they’re offering 25% + FREE Shipping on all orders before 1pm today.
*Disclosure: I received free product to aid this review–all views and opinions are our own.
I’m always looking for new ways to take coffee with me everywhere I go, thanks for sharing this option!
Let us know if you ever tried it!
My other half would love this, she is an avid coffee drinker, personally not a fan, just a shame it is not obviously available in the UK (well the website was all in dollars).
I thought we owned every “alternative” brewing method out there… but not this one. Always excited to try a new coffee method, and a new coffee for that matter. Love this!
Thanks! Did you ever get to try it?