We Got A Liebster Award!
What is a Liebster Award, you ask? Well, according to the Global Aussie:
The Liebster Award 2016 is an award that exists only on the internet, and is given to bloggers by other bloggers. The earliest case of the award goes as far back as 2011. Liebster in German means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.
The Official Rules of the Liebster Award 2016
Back in 2011 the rules were a simple case of acknowledgement of the nominator and to nominate 5 more. Now in 2016 it is a little more involved!
If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award AND YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT, write a blog post about the Liebster award in which you:
- Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog. Try to include a little promotion for the person who nominated you. They will thank you for it and those who you nominate will also help you out as well.
- Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.) At the bottom of this post I’ve included a whole lot of images you can use for your 2016 Liebster Award.
- For the 2016 Liebster Award I will be shaking things up! Write a 150-300 word post about your favourite blog that is not your own. Explain why you like the blog, provide links.
- Provide 10 random facts about yourself. (This year I’m making this optional. If you wish to engage with your readers it’s a great idea to include random facts about you.)
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 200 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
- List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
- Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and offer a link for them to your post or mine if you don’t have all the information so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)
We are honored to receive this blogger-friendly award by Jacqui of Adventuresome Sprout, a road-trippin, adventure-seeking mama of a toddler with some awesome National Park features and tips and tricks for hiking with little ones. My favorite post so far that she’s written is a sweet hammock bed hack for your vehicle (as in–bed for your kid in your CAR). Genius. I am floored at how many bloggers I’ve connected with just by sharing our collective experiences and love of the outdoors! As part of the nomination I provide the answers to some fun questions that Jacqui has so graciously laid out for me and which you can read below:
1. What is one of your favorite foods to make? So I am a sweets fiend and no sweets fiend would be such if we didn’t share our favorite sweets to indulge in. Mine would be my Jam Bars. The basic recipe is here but I use half whole wheat flour and half all-purpose, an attempt to be somewhat “healthy.” If you make them at a gathering, they will come…
2. What is your favorite blog to follow? Children & Nature Network. There are so many cool ideas and people who love the outdoors as much as I do. It’s nice to have a central place to go to when I need some new inspiration.
3. What is your favorite child/baby camping or hiking gear (pick 1 item)? My Osprey Poco Plus Carrier. I love this thing so much. Poppy fits perfectly in it (even though it can get heavy) and I can hike comfortably for longer hikes.
4. Tent, camper, or hotel? Oh, we are campers for sure. We go camping every year and look forward to our outdoors vacation.
5. Are you a light packer or a heavy packer? Heavy. I am always over-prepared and never use half of what I carry. When you have 4 kids, you can never be too prepared.
6. What is your favorite outdoor activity? Lately it has been Geocaching. I wrote a post about it before and my kids ask us all the time wherever we are if we can do it now.
7. What is one place you have visited that you think everyone with kids should visit? Definitely a new park or trail. New experiences outdoors will resonate with them no matter where we decide to take them. It’s just about doing it and exposing them early.
8. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be? Anywhere I can hike a huge mountain, eat good food, and meet people. Clearly I have not researched this.
9. Tell us about one thing you have done that challenged you (physically or mentally) and that you are proud to have accomplished. Hiking with a baby over 3 miles post pregnancy stage. There’s nothing that says accomplished as a mom when you’re breastfeeding and hiking in the same day.
10. What are your biggest obstacles/struggles to getting outdoors with your kids? Literally getting outdoors. We are such a big family that getting out the door takes an hour–at least. I have upped my preparation game times 20 since adding a new member to our family two years ago.
11. What is something that you have learned about yourself while exploring the outdoors? That things will go wrong. I’ve learned that while I am a preparer at heart, I have 4 kids and dogs and things will not always go as planned. Once I got over that part (the hardest part as a mom sometimes in my opinion), the easiest and less stressed our time together outdoors was.
My list of nominees:
Here are my 11 questions for the nominees:
- What or who has inspired you to get outdoors with your kids?
- Do you have a favorite song (s) you listen to on road trips?
- What is your favorite homemade snack?
- What other hobbies do you have besides getting outside?
- How do you incorporate or trim down screen time when you’re outdoors with your kids?
- Where have you traveled or plan to travel to?
- Is there something you do to de-stress (besides getting fresh air)?
- If you could pick your “spirit animal”, what would it be?
- What is your favorite piece of outdoor gear you cannot live without?
- Do you have a piece of advice for anyone wanting to get outdoors more with their kids?
- Is there a fun outdoor activity for kids you recently discovered that you would be willing to share?
Thank you again to Adventuresome Sprout for nominating us and I would SO appreciate if you could please follow their blog and/or social media and any others I mentioned in this post if you feel moved to. It’s how us bloggers show each other some support and you are a big part of it!
Happy Summer adventures!