School days are hectic and weekends are for adventures. I’m always trying to find ways to make our weekend mornings more efficient so we can be out on the trail early. How-to videos are winning in my life right now, and this recipe of overnight oats has opened my eyes to what preparation really means for a mom of 4. It’s easy and does all the work for you ahead of time. The link to the video is below if you want to see what it looks like as the end product. In my version, I add flax and use vanilla almond milk instead of regular almond milk which just adds more flavor.
Overnight Oats from Tip Hero
- 1 cup of rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon of ceylon (true cinnamon)
- 1 cup of fresh berries
- 2 cups of vanilla almond milk
- 4 tsp organic maple syrup
- 2 tsp chia seeds
- 2 tsp of flaxmeal
- Mix all the ingredients together and put in a large container or jar.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Enjoy the next morning or take with you for on the go.